Rhode Island divorce attorney, David Slepkow, presents the top indicators that it is time to end your dreadful RI divorce war. If any of these indicators are present in your Providence Family Court Divorce, it is time to set up a settlement conference or a mediation and find a way to end this spiteful and malicious serious of endless battles. It has become a nightmare, so it is time to end it!
The divorce war is a train wreck!
The divorce has become a train wreck. No one knows what the Rhode Island divorce is about, anymore. The parties are unclear what motions are still really pending.
No one knows what the parties are fighting about and what issues have been resolved. Court orders have become convoluted and some irrelevant.
- The case has become convoluted, confusing and an unmitigated pile of horse crap.
- The divorce is starting to get a reputation as a waste of time among the judges, clerks and court staff.
- It has gotten to the point that the stenographer mutters under her breath “not the Johnsons again.”
- Both lawyers would love the case to go away and so would just about everyone on earth, except the parties.
The Rhode Island Supreme Court in Fossa v. Fossa described RI family Court nuclear wars, the best, when the Court stated: “This scarecrow of a suit has, in course of time, become so complicated, that no man alive knows what it means. The parties to it understand it least; but it has been observed that no two Chancery lawyers can talk about it for five minutes, without coming to a total disagreement as to all the premises.” Charles Dickens, Bleak House 7-8 (George Ford & Sylvère Monod eds., W.W. Norton & Co.1985) (1853).” http://www.courts.ri.gov/Courts/SupremeCourt/OpinionsOrders/pdf-files/04-89.pdf
See also, “If “you people” cannot avoid an unseemly and nasty divorce war, that no one can win, then you must abide by the written and unwritten rules of divorce war. Rhode Island Divorce lawyers know who “you people” are! “You people” are people who use and abuse the Rhode Island Family Court System.” https://rhodeislanddivorcelawyerarticles.com/rules-divorce-war-providence-family-court/
Rhode Island divorce attorney fees astronomical
- You have spent more in divorce attorney’s fees then the total liquid assets in the marriage.
- The amount of divorce attorney’s fees in the divorce are disproportionate to the amount of assets in the marital estate.
- The parties are vengefully fighting over petty issues that do not warrant the thousands of dollars of lawyer fees.
- Everyone wants the two of you to get lost, including the judge, the clerks and your own divorce lawyers!
- The case is being continued all the time without a resolution of the matter and the litigants are frequently sent to mediation.
- There are so many motions pending that it would make your head spin.
- More than half of the motions have never been decided by the Providence Family Court.
- In fact, sometime none of the motions have been decided.
- The parties are unclear what motions are still pending and why.
- Emergency motions are flying around, indiscriminately
- Emails and faxes with purported emergencies are going back and forth, for no rhyme or reason.
- No one can adequately say why this motion constitutes an emergency. Perhaps a better word for this emergency is: “leverage.”
Friends want you to get lost
- Your friends and family are sick and tired of all the bickering.
- They want the case to go away just like everyone else.
- Each party is on their 2nd, 3rd or 4th Rhode Island divorce attorney.
- Some of these RI child custody lawyers have been fired and others run for the hills from this three-ring circus.
Providence Family Court mistakes
- At this point, everyone is ignoring RI Family Court orders or selectively following the orders they want to abide by.
- The case has raged on for so long and so many court orders have been broken that no one is taking the orders seriously.
- In some cases, there are so many orders that no man alive can understand what they all mean and which ones are still in effect.
- The parties are not acting rationally. In fact, perhaps one of the two parties have moved on to the extent that they are engaged to someone else!
“Every Rhode Island Divorce Attorney has been embroiled in a “nuclear war.” Lawyers do not really enjoy being involved in these unseemly and out of control skirmishes that never end.” https://rhodeislanddivorcelawyerarticles.com/ri-family-court-wa/
More info here